NOTIFICATION OF THE THIRD SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE
ISLAMIC PEDAGOGICAL FACULTY IN BIHAC
WITH INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPATION ON THE TOPIC
"CHALLENGES AND PERSPECTIVES OF AID PROFESSIONS"
BIHAĆ, SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2018.
In accordance with the Law Framework on the Basis of scientific research and the coordination of internal and international scientific and research cooperation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Decision of the Scientific Council of the Islamic Pedagogical Faculty of the University of Bihac on the adoption of Study on justification of conducting the Third scientific conference Challenges and Perspectives of aid professions, the Islamic Pedagogical Faculty of the University of Bihać informs the scientific and professional public that the Department of Social Pedagogy and Spiritual Care organizes a one-day conference with international participation.
Explaining the need for organizing a conference / meeting,
Being a ware of the fact that social deviations of children and youth in the society have become more and more present in the last decade, why it is necessary to find quality and long-term solutions aimed at preventing forms and mitigating the consequences, primary prevention in the suppression of socially disadvantaged and socially unacceptable forms behavior must have a more prominent place in the community. Preventing the development of deviant behavior largely contributes to a better and moral society, and the amount of funds allocation which would be directed to repair damage and funding additional programs for correction and re-socialization.
Motivated by the needs for further advancement of socio-pedagogical work in accordance with new scientific achievements and further research and studies of certain scientific disciplines related to the education of children, young and vulnerable categories of adult population, the Islamic pedagogical faculty in Bihać wants to gather academic, artistic and an activist community in a joint consideration of interventions and the prevention of unwanted forms of behavior from the aspect of humanities and social sciences.
The Scientific Conference is intended for professionals who are focused on supporting families with children with developmental disabilities, behavioral disorders, various forms of addiction, institutions and individuals dealing with the problem of deviant behavior in children and young people, as well as NGOs and academic communities whose goal is adult education and education of experts dealing with this issue. The call is also aimed at graduate students to demonstrate their writing, research and vocation skills related to their education.
The Islamic Pedagogical Faculty with the Department of Social Pedagogy and Spiritual Care will do everything to make this great meeting interesting, inspiring, and for the participants to receive useful information and to make contacts with each other, and to share knowledge and experience. Starting from these facts, the Department of Social Pedagogy and Spiritual Care of the Islamic Pedagogical Faculty, the University of Bihać and co-organizers of the Conference consider it necessary to give a contribution from the scientific point of view in the illumination of this complex social phenomenon.
The goal of the conference
The Department of Social Pedagogy and Spiritual Care, the Islamic Pedagogical Faculty of the University of Bihać, hosts this year's Third International Conference Challenges and Perspectives of Aid Professionals. The aim of the conference is to present the work of professionals dealing with educational practice, prevention of behavioral disorders and re-socialization, spiritual therapy and treatment of deviant and addictive forms of behavior. During the conference, the public will be introduced to the concepts, modus and methods of teaching children and young people and adults with behavioral disorders by social pedagogues and spiritual caregivers as well as other professionally trained assistants. Participants will have the opportunity to be acquainted with new procedures that are desirable to be use while adapting the teaching content in school curricula, applying appropriate methods, tools and forms of work with emphasis on applying participatory strategies in working with students.
The Conference also wishes to emphasize the importance of preventing deviant behavior from the angle of several scientific disciplines (criminology, penology, pedagogy, psychology, law, religion, special pedagogy, social work, etc.) and point out to date positive experiences and examples of good work with children and young people who have behavioral disorders, those from BiH and the region as well.
The meeting intends to contribute to the presentation of new scientific knowledge and scientific research results, and to familiarize the public with innovations in the socio-pedagogical, corrective and treatment approach that is in line with the European context and education system. The conference will enable the presentation of the latest diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities in working with children who have behavioral disorders and pathology of youth identity as the basic characteristics of personality disorders in the period of adolescence.
Specific objectives of the Conference
Specific objectives are aimed at strengthening the professional competences of employees in educational institutions, social care institutions and higher education institutions that educate future staff for the application of contemporary theoretical approaches and empirical research results as a contribution to the quality of education, prevention, re-socialization of behavioral disorders and young people. Significant contribution will certainly be in the collection of new models of work in institutional forms of psychosocial treatment and providing assistance to patients during hospitalization and their re-socialization in the community after leaving institutions
Program of the Conference
The conference program is interdisciplinary, intended for authors from various scientific fields dealing with education, prevention of behavioral disorders, re-socialization and treatment of people and their treatment. The gathering can contribute to the work of educators-rehabilitators, doctors, pedagogues, social worker psychologists, educators, graduates, representatives of people with disabilities, representatives of civil society organizations and representatives of institutions dealing with professional rehabilitation and employment, representatives of religious communities and many others related to this topic.
At the conference works from the regions will be presented by several thematic sections that include disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives on the global problem of deviant behavior, depending on the number of accepted papers.
- Special Pedagogy, Social Pedagogy, Inclusion, Andragogy;;
- Psychology; Medicine, Psychotherapy, Healthcare Pedagogy,
- Social work and social policy;
- Religion and Ethics, Spiritual Care.
Some of the suggested sub-topics
- An integrated curriculum in response to the challenges of modern educational practice;
- The importance of spiritual and moral education for the quality of life of children and young people,
- The main causes of delinquent behavior,
- Roles and responsibilities of facilitators / teachers / professional associates in the process of improving the quality of education;
- Researching the effects of modern approaches to the upbringing and prevention of deviant behavior
- The role of aid professions in encouraging the social development of children in a kindergarten,
- Students' attitudes towards peers with delinquent behavior,
- The role and contribution of social pedagogues in working in hospital school departments
- Improving the quality of life of children and young people.
- Relationship of school and society towards pupils with delinquent behavior
- Parental support programs,
- Cooperation of educators / teachers / professional associates and families in support of the overall development of children and youth
- Social pedagogical programs for working with children, parents and teachers,
- Domestic violence - a problem of public health and human rights
- Trauma of abused children
- The rights of students with dual special needs;
- International mechanisms for combating drug addiction;
- Causes of nutritional disorders;
- Creating community solutions for effective psychosocial support for victims of elderly violence;
- Experiences with self-empowerment and attempted suicide;
- Good practices of effective programs for the primary prevention of juvenile delinquency;
- Institutional form of psychosocial treatment and provision of help to patients during hospitalization;
- Dehumanization in war and status of victims
- The social network;
- Ways how to reduce the risk of depression and suicide;
- Encouraging the school environment as a factor of protection,
- Trafficking in human beings - the fight against hidden crime in contemporary society;
- A strategy for social and pedagogical work for children with behavioral disorders
- Court procedures adapted to minors;
- Abuse of the media;
- Development and identity disorders in adolescence;
The program may also include free topics that are directly or indirectly related to the topic of the conference, which are related to other disciplines in the field of social sciences and humanities.
Submission of applications and important dates
- Applications with an abstract should be submitted to the Program Board no later than Arpil 15, 2018 on the application form attached in the attachment
- The abstract contains not less than 300 and no more than 500 words,
- Abstracts are written in Microsoft Word, paper size A4, upright, font 12, text spacing 1, margins normal (2.5 cm on both sides)
- The deadline for submission of works is April 30, 2018. A maximum of two authors can apply for one submitted work. We emphasize in particular that a statement on the authorship and originality of the work is required. The paper must follow the instructions for writing, which are attached in the indicated format.
- The Editorial Board of the Assembly will carry out the selection of papers and inform the authors thereof.
- Notice of acceptance of the work for publication: June 1, 2018 (after the report of the Program Committee of the Conference on participation of the author at the conference and selection of the reviewed papers for publication in the Proceedings
- At the conference one can participate as an active participant (author of works) and a passive participant (participants who do not have their work, but want to participate in the Conference)
Work Presentation at the Meeting
For individual exhibitions, a maximum of 15 minutes is foreseen, while the time for a discussion is scheduled of five minutes, depending on the number of accepted exhibits. All active participants must prepare their presentation in the form of PowerPoint Presentation, except the Poster Presentation.
Organization of the meeting
Professor Dr. Fuad Sedić, President of the Organizing Committee, prof.dr. Muharem Štulanović, prof.dr. Sulejman Topoljak, associate professor dr. Izet Terzić, associate professor dr. Nusreta Kepeš, doc. dr. Hajrudin Hodzić, associate professor dr. Fehim Rošić, dr. sc. Vildana Aziraj-Smajić, doc.dr. Sena Družić, dr. sc. Nedim Čirić , Smaila Balić, associate professor dr. Osman Ramić, mrs.sc. Jasmina Tevšić, mr.sc. Dijana Sulejmanović, doc. dr. Hakija Kanurić, doc. dr. Rifet Šahinović, doc. dr. Hamid Indžić, mr.sc. Anita Ramulić, technical support Sedić Muamer and Secretary of the IPF Hamdija Nesimović
Professor dr. Fuad Sedić, President of the Scientific Committee, associate professor dr. Nusreta Kepeš, professor dr. Hariz Šarić, associate professor dr. Muharem Adilović, proffesor dr. Izet Pehlić , proffesor dr. Nusret Isanović, associate professor dr. Aziz Hasanović, professor dr. Nedzad Grabus, associate professor dr. Elvira Islamović, professor dr. Sulejman Kendić, professor dr. Nevzet Veladžić, professor dr. Remzija Hadžiefendić-Parić, professor dr. Emin Mesić, professor dr. Muhamed Omerović, pofessor dr. Refik Ćatić, professor dr. Mirsad Velažić, associate professor dr. Aladin Husić, Mr. Ermin ef. Vučkić, academik professor dr. Mujo Demirović. dr.sc. Nedim Čirić, mr.sc. Dzevdet Šošić,
Participants of the Meeting
Participants of the Conference will be scientists, university professors, faculty, experts representing pedagogical institutes, publishing houses, representatives of ministries of education, parents, and other specialized experts and specialists with many years of experience in different areas and are involved in the prevention and suppression of deviant behavior and psychotherapeutic work with victims of violence and work in the community. Great contribution can give and specialists and child and adolescent psychiatry, pediatrics, family, school of medicine, public health, doctors, speech therapists, school counselors, teachers and all other interested experts on this topic.
Programming Council Meeting
The program council consists of professors (regular, associate, docent) members of the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Islamic Pedagogy in Bihać, University of Bihać, professors and scientists potential participants from BiH and other countries. The Teaching Council of the IPF, as the Program's Council, issues the: Notice on conducting the Meeting, Application for participation, Instructions to authors with standards for preparation of work, Statement of authorship and Statement on proofreading of work. In accordance with the program of work, the Organizing Committee will use the following method of work during the conference:
Plenary session of the Conference / Meeting
At the plenary session, the participants work in the form of a joint session. It will be applied when opening, closing, to discuss common topics at a conference / meeting or for the entire conference / meeting stream. At the panel presentations guest lecturers will participate by invitation, but have not been included in the plenary and the work of the conference / meeting section.
On the Thematic sections, a certain number of participants will work in the form of a separate session. They will discuss topics from a certain area of work of a conference / meeting that treat social deviations from the angle of several scientific disciplines (pedagogy, psychology, religion, law, criminology, penology, sociology, social work). Each section will be guided by an expert from the field of science. In addition to the sections where academic professionals will participate, a student section is planned in which students will have the opportunity to present their diploma thesis and research.
Round table or panel discussion
In a round table or panel discussion interested participants and representatives of the government, in a form of an informally-led discussions, will discuss a special topic related to the problem, position and issue of the graduated Social pedagogues, as well as the issue of Social pedagogues and spiritual careers in three towns in Bosnia and Herzegovina in relation to faculties of this profession in the region. The Social Pedagogy and Spiritual Care Study (SPDS) at the Islamic Pedagogical Faculty in Bihać, educates the first generation of social pedagogues and spiritual connoisseurs, in line with the European Higher Education Reform (Bologna process). The first generation of graduates of the SPDS Department in the academic year 2017/2018 continue the process of education in the master study. This has become a burning problem in the last decade because this call, recognized in the countries of the region as well as neighboring countries, is not well treated and many of the graduates from these faculties are leaving our country to provide themselves with a secure job since their state did not care for their employment. On the other hand, primary and secondary schools are faced with major problems of juvenile delinquency, children with problematic behavior, and children with developmental disorders combined with behavioral disorders. The law of social pedagogues has not been recognized in pedagogical standards and norms; in institutions dealing with social welfare of vulnerable groups of children and adults, so this profile does not exist in the systematisation of workplaces, while those working in this workplace are non-professional and lacking competence to deal with the problem that is present in our society. The society cries out for solutions related to juvenile cases that are in conflict with the law, young people who are in contact with drugs and other psycho-active substances. Parents are confused and in doubt about how to help their children. However, humanistic and social science have both theories and methods to successfully address these challenges. Considering the existing study departments of Social Pedagogy in Zenica, Tuzla and Bihać, as well as unresolved legal regulations that put hundreds of graduates from these three faculties in an unqualified position, they are the starting points for searching and better solutions that will be able to respond to the complex requirements of the society with the achieved adequate legal regulations . This panel aims to offer solutions to lawmakers in finding status solutions so that the profile of the social pedagogue can be employed in educational institutions as well as in the institutions dealing with social issues of upbringing and re-education of children and youth as well as adults.
Instructions for posters:
- The poster text should be in one of the three official languages in BiH or in English.
- The text should be written or translated according to professional standards.
- The size of the poster should be 100 cm x 70 cm. Poster should be placed vertically (portrait).
- At the top of the poster, the title, author or authors, the name of the institution and the author's e-mail address to be provided.
- At the bottom of the poster should be written: Third International Conference.
- Photos should be clear and sharp.
- Images should be numbered.
- When selecting the type and size of the letters, make sure that the poster must be readable at a distance of 2 meters. Do not use notes; Use brackets instead of them and provide references at the end of the text.
- Program of the Conference,
- Book of abstracts of all accepted and presented works (with ISBN number).
- After the conference, in accordance with the given instructions and conditions, the positively reviewed papers will be published in an extraordinary and / or regular number of the IPF Proceedings indexed in the CEEOL scientific database.
The members of the organizing committee will select three papers that will be awarded to Publications issued by the IPF Bihać and evaluated according to the following criteria:
- the best original scientific paper
- the best review work
- the best poster presentation
Costs of the scientific meeting:
The participants of the Conference will bear the costs of traveling and staying in Bihać during the event. The costs for preparing and holding the Conference, the Faculty predicted within the planned funds for implementing scientific research projects IPF, with the support of the University of Bihac, Ministry of Science, Education, USC, the Federal Ministry of Education, Islamic Community, as well as donations of individual social actors and institutions. Since attendance of a very big number of participants is expected at the Conference, the possibility of patronage and sponsorship is open where interested parties may present their products and services before and during the conference.
For all informations, interested participants of the Conference can contact the address of the Islamic Pedagogical Faculty in Bihać Žegarska aleja 14, 77 000 Bihać, Una-Sana Canton, BiH
00 387 37 220162 (secretary)
00 387 37 228160 (fax)
Conference contact person- Kepeš Nusreta 061182589
All participants who register by March 30, 2018, do not pay the registration fee..
Since number of participants is limited, for all those who apply from March 31 to April 30, 2018 the registration fee is 30 EURO (60 KM).
The registration fee includes the monitoring of all sections of the conference, refreshments during breaks, meals during the meeting, participation certificate, Book of Abstracts from the conference and other working materials, which will be handed to all participants on the day of the conference. The Proceedings of the Third International Conference will be subsequently submitted to all participants who have published the paper.
This will be also published on the website of the Faculty. Students, unemployed persons and pensioners are released from paying the registration fee.